1. Introduction and General Terms
- The types of data we collect from you
- How we collect this data
- How we use this data
- Our advertisers and the data they collect
- How we ensure your data is protected
- If and when we will disclose your data to third parties
- How you can request that you view any data we hold about you
- How we will contact you to inform you of any changes to this policy
- How you can contact us with questions regarding this policy
We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all UK laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have privacy policies separate from our own, so we urge you to review them separately. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. Who are we?
Great British Politics is a UK based online political magazine. We specialise, as you might have guessed, on British politics, and offer news, analysis and opinion on a wide range of topics.
3. Types of data collected
We may collect the following data:
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- What dates and times you access our site
4. How this data is collected
We will collect data from you through newsletter sign ups, web forms, and cookies.
We may also monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer
- The referring website from which you accessed our site
We will only ever use this data to make ongoing improvements to our website and to see our most popular sources of business.
5. Data usage
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, as well as for billing and order fulfilment.
We will also use your data for customer service purposes and for analytics.
6. How the data is protected
We will always store your data on our secure servers, and only administrators will ever be able to access it. We follow a security procedure in our office to ensure that all the data we store is always kept secure, and your personal information will always be included in this procedure.
7. Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- in cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers and sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. These statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We will never sell your personal information to third parties for profit.
8. Accessability and deletion of personal data
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee, to request access to personal data which we may hold or process about you.
You may also request that we delete any data that we currently hold about you.
9. Our advertisers and the data they collect
Our Advertising Partners
- Commission Junction
- ContentClick, who serve contextual ads on our site
GreatBritishPolitics.co.uk has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site's visitors based upon their visit to GreatBritishPolitics.co.uk and other sites on the Internet.
Third Party Privacy Policies
9. Informing you of any future changes to the policy
10. Contacting us about this policy